Protecting Your Loved Ones By Combating Elder Abuse
If you are facing elder abuse or neglect, you can take action against the responsible caretakers, nursing home or facility. Our elder law attorneys at Tatro & Lopez, LLP, have the experience and skill needed to hold negligent parties accountable and aggressively defend you and your loved ones to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Contact our elder law attorneys today for a free consultation.
Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Serving Individuals And Families
Elder abuse and neglect can take many forms. Such behavior may involve causing physical harm, neglecting to provide care (i.e., assisting in personal hygiene, providing food or administering medication), exploiting finances, isolating or abandoning a patient.
One of the first steps to taking action against elder abuse or neglect is recognizing that it is taking place. Signs include:
- Suspicious weight loss or malnutrition
- Unexplained injuries like bruises, bedsores or scratches
- Changes in behavior such as unexplained/uncharacteristic anger, anxiety, confusion, fear, or depression
- Unhealthy relationship indicators between caregivers and patients (i.e., not letting the elder speak for himself or
- herself, an unwillingness to leave an elder alone with friends and family, or conflicting accounts of incidents or injuries)
Act Today To Protect The People You Care About
If you are concerned that someone you care about is being mistreated, those concerns may be justified. You should take steps to investigate. Our California attorneys can help you determine what issues warrant legal action, what evidence to gather, and what steps to take against the caregiver, medical professional, or facility responsible for the elder abuse or neglect.
We work with our clients one-on-one at all times, giving them direct feedback about their cases and helping them determine what path is most likely to achieve the best results.
Contact us online or by telephone at 858-244-5032. Our offices are conveniently located in the Del Mar Heights and Carmel Valley area of San Diego, just off of Interstate 5 at Del Mar Heights Road.
we help you?
bold labels are required